It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:26 am 
aka MyDogAteLA

Quote:
What's next for Edgar Wright's "Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy"

Now that Scott Pilgrim is out and alien road comedy Paul is nearing its release date, everyone is wondering what is next for Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Edgar Wright and the The Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy? So we asked.

Last we heard, the third film in Wright's "The Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy" (named that way for the appearance of different Cornetto ice creams in both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz) would be titled The World's End. Will we being seeing this third film any time soon?

You've had a lot success playing around with different types of genres, how do go about lovingly skewering these types of films, while maintaining a fresh perspective?

I think you have to be passionate about the genre. With Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz they were both genres that I felt very warmly about. That is a big distinction to make. Especially with Shaun of the Dead, it was a Valentine to George Romero, it wasn't a send up. I think a lot of people always refer to Shaun of The Dead as being a spoof, and Simon and I never saw it that way. We saw it as a zombie film that happens to be funny because of the characters' reactions.

What is the next genre that you would be interested in playing with?

I don't know. I'm trying to go beyond that, rather, and tell stories. I think after Hot Fuzz one of the reasons we didn't make a film straight away, was by the end of the Hot Fuzz press tour people would only ask us that question, what's next you've done zombies, you've done cops, what's next? You start to think that people assume you have a blindfold and a dart board, and oh okay, kung fu, let's do that. I think what I would like to do now is to make stories that appeal to me. And Scott Pilgrim is exactly that, I read the book, and I knew I had to make this movie.

So then what is the current status of The Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy?

We have an idea and we still plan on writing it. I think Simon and I have to be in the same room. We've both been busy and so has Nick. So I'd hope that maybe by the end of next year we'd start writing it.

So you haven't written a draft yet, just an idea?

We've had the germ of the idea for three years. So we need to either write it down or start completely from scratch. Basically there's nothing really to tell, anything you might have read is not true.

Not even the fact that the next ice cream [flavor to appear in the movie] will be Mint Chocolate Chip?

That's true but I said that basically to have some kind of answer when people would ask me about it. [...] There are only three flavors of Cornetto. So if we do it again, there is no other option.

So what does mint chocolate chip have to do with the end of the world?

Nothing. [Laughs]

Is the title that was released [The Word's End] still the same?

Maybe. I don't know, I think so. We liked that idea, it had a sort of resonance in a different way. It might be that we continue with that idea, or it might be that we start all over again.

It's got a lot of post-apocalyptic buzz on the internet.

We never said it was post-apocalyptic movie though. To be honest, in a weird way, I regret saying anything at all because then people start speculating. It's more we probably shouldn't have said anything at all. I've found that I regret speaking too soon about stuff. Because you end up sounding like the boy who cried wolf.

Source: io9.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:28 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

"End of next year" that's ages away!!

Nice to hear some news of it though. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:33 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

Haha I just noticed the interview calls it 'The Word's End' :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:33 am 
Peggster Mod

^ That's not the only mistake in the article. People just don't give a toss about the English language these days, not even those in the media. :roll: [/pedant]

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
:P

Life just isn't like the movies is it? You know? We're constantly led to believe in resolution, in the re-establishment of the ideal status quo, & it's just not true. Happy endings are a myth designed to make us feel better about the fact that life is just a thankless struggle.
Well I won't argue that it was a no-holds-barred adrenaline-fuelled thrill-ride, but there's no way you could perpetrate that amount of carnage & mayhem & not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 pm 
Opened the Window

great interview, nice to see they'll start to write the story, i'm sure it'll be very very interesting for us to write a new story after the two great movies they did together!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:58 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

dolfyn wrote:
^ That's not the only mistake in the article. People just don't give a toss about the English language these days, not even those in the media. :roll: [/pedant]

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
:P

Haha you're right - so far I've now seen 'the The' and 'being seeing' thats without even picking at whether possesive apostrophes are missing (and I wouldn't know so I'm not going there!)

Ooh - and 'a lot success' and 'how do go' as well now, haha! :bugeyes:

I hope that's not the way the guy spoke to Edgar. Lazy lazy lazy!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:10 am 
aka MyDogAteLA

MAybe its a hiddin secret messege about The world"s End,,,,,!!? *wrights down all teh misstakes*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:16 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

Hahaha! That way madness lies... *starts wrighting anyway* :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:26 am 
TFU

I'm probably naking tols of nistakes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:19 pm 
Made the Tea

I'm going to be late for work so I can't post this in any type of formality. Just gonna post the link up. I am dying to know what this movie is going to be about but looks like we'll have to wait until next year so Edgar & Simon can write it. :(

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a ... -year.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:22 pm 
Too Orangey For Crows

That's great! I can't wait to watch it! I've been looking forward to it for ages! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:16 am 
Peggster Mod

Hhhmmmm. The World's End. Simon did say they came up with the idea when their plane was landing in Sydney (on the Hot Fuzz tour). And Australia, especially Melbourne, has been called "the arse-end of the world". And a lot of Brits do come to Australia (as well as a lot of Aussies going to the UK). Hhhmmmm.... :P

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
:wink:

Life just isn't like the movies is it? You know? We're constantly led to believe in resolution, in the re-establishment of the ideal status quo, & it's just not true. Happy endings are a myth designed to make us feel better about the fact that life is just a thankless struggle.
Well I won't argue that it was a no-holds-barred adrenaline-fuelled thrill-ride, but there's no way you could perpetrate that amount of carnage & mayhem & not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:28 am 
Too Orangey For Crows

True. True.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:26 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

I read it was going to be their 'middle aged' film, so I dont know if the title is some kind of nod to that.
Think they've both said they wished they never talked about the title or any of it.

There's a few pubs in britain called The Worlds End too, so maybe there might be a bit of pub in this film to carry on from Shaun & Hot Fuzz. :beer:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:07 am 
Peggster Admin

dolfyn wrote:
Hhhmmmm. The World's End. Simon did say they came up with the idea when their plane was landing in Sydney (on the Hot Fuzz tour). And Australia, especially Melbourne, has been called "the arse-end of the world". And a lot of Brits do come to Australia (as well as a lot of Aussies going to the UK). Hhhmmmm.... :P

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
:wink:

Oooooh . . . now that would be nice if they filmed there . . . :mrgreen:

Daisy: Ah, that’d be terrible.
Tim: I know, I’d look like a twat in a jumpsuit.
Daisy: Don’t say that, Tim. That’s a word that hates women.
Tim: What, twat?
Daisy: No, jumpsuit.