It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:13 am 
TFU

Kimmerv2 wrote:
Brief Updates Given By Edgar Wright On ‘The World’s End’ and ‘Ant-Man’
Published on July 22, 2011 by Nick Newman
http://thefilmstage.com/2011/07/22/brie ... d-ant-man/

Quote:
While at Comic-Con today in promotion of Attack the Block, Edgar Wright gave out small updates on the status of two upcoming projects from him, The World’s End and Ant-Man. The first of those is the third installment of the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy, which is already made up of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz; I’ll just presume that you’re familiar with them. Trilogy star and co-writer Simon Pegg said a few months ago that the writing on it could begin this year, with there being the possibility of it hitting theaters in 2012.

That might not be the case, though, because Wright told the crowd that Pegg has to shoot Star Trek 2 before production can begin on their next collaboration. The word out there seems to indicate that the Trek sequel will go before cameras later this year, but the biggest goal for the writing duo is just starting the script — this is something they plan to do that next month.

I'm starting to see a trend here. In April they were planning to start writing the script "next month". And now in July they are planning to start writing the script "next month" :wink: They are busy boys. Here's hoping "next month" wont be too many months away now!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:59 pm 
TFU

Bleeding Cool spoke with Nick here is what he had to say......

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/11/pegg-wright-have-drafted-their-shaun-fuzz-followup-plan-shoot-next-year/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:57 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

Ooh well found! :clap:

Cool, knew I'd read it was going to be their 'middle aged' film. Hope it's set in north London.

Expect the title partly means the end of youth.

Can't wait! :kooky:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:23 am 
Peggster Admin

Caught this in one of Nick's TinTin interviews . .

Quote:
Here's a question you probably hate more than "What's the future of Spaced?" What's the future of The World's End, the thematic follow-up to Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz?

Simon and Edgar have written a fantastic draft and Edgar's keen to crack on. So, once we're all clear and got the time, it's on, I'm sure. I don't want to give anything away about the plot, clearly. But I think it's voted that we would like to kind of do it in [motion-capture] suits potentially. But things can change! That's the thing about making films, you think, "Alright I'll do this, this, and this," but it's constantly moving. But that is our aim at this point.

From this article: http://io9.com/5869634/whats-it-like-pl ... -the-scoop

Daisy: Ah, that’d be terrible.
Tim: I know, I’d look like a twat in a jumpsuit.
Daisy: Don’t say that, Tim. That’s a word that hates women.
Tim: What, twat?
Daisy: No, jumpsuit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:57 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

Motion capture? Hmm. :?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:17 am 
Peggster Mod

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for this or not, but we've got a start date! Deadline.com is reporting that the film will start shooting in September. The article (which I linked to below) also states that it's expected to be released in the spring of next year.

Also according to Deadline, this is the film's synopsis:
Spoiler:
20 years after attempting an epic pub crawl, five childhood friends reunite when one of them becomes hell bent on trying the drinking marathon again. They are convinced to stage an encore by mate Gary King, a 40-year old man trapped at the cigarette end of his teens, who drags his reluctant pals to their home town and once again attempts to reach the fabled pub, The World’s End. As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realize the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs but humankind’s. Reaching The World’s End is the least of their worries.

It's happening, kids! :beer:

Sources: Deadline.com & Simon's Twitter.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:10 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

Hooray! This is the one I've most been looking forward to. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:05 pm 
Too Orangey For Crows

Yes!! I have been waiting for this moment to come!! :mrgreen: Can't wait!!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:34 pm 
Peggster Admin

Yay!!!! I'm very excited for this one! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Daisy: Ah, that’d be terrible.
Tim: I know, I’d look like a twat in a jumpsuit.
Daisy: Don’t say that, Tim. That’s a word that hates women.
Tim: What, twat?
Daisy: No, jumpsuit.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 am 
Peggster Mod

xfsista wrote:
I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for this or not, but we've got a start date! Deadline.com is reporting that the film will start shooting in September. The article (which I linked to below) also states that it's expected to be released in the spring of next year.
Also according to Deadline, this is the film's synopsis:
It's happening, kids! :beer:

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!! :cheer: :clap: :cheer:

Can't wait! :squee:

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
:mrgreen:

Life just isn't like the movies is it? You know? We're constantly led to believe in resolution, in the re-establishment of the ideal status quo, & it's just not true. Happy endings are a myth designed to make us feel better about the fact that life is just a thankless struggle.
Well I won't argue that it was a no-holds-barred adrenaline-fuelled thrill-ride, but there's no way you could perpetrate that amount of carnage & mayhem & not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:04 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

I wonder if any of the five (or is it six, hard to tell from the wording) friends are women. Be a shame if it's a boys only adventure. :?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:10 am 
Peggster Mod

From the use of the word "pals", I think we can assume it's blokes only. That's a good point, though; it'd be nice to have a girl or two in there who isn't just a girlfriend/wife/partner of one of the main characters. :nod:

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
:)

Life just isn't like the movies is it? You know? We're constantly led to believe in resolution, in the re-establishment of the ideal status quo, & it's just not true. Happy endings are a myth designed to make us feel better about the fact that life is just a thankless struggle.
Well I won't argue that it was a no-holds-barred adrenaline-fuelled thrill-ride, but there's no way you could perpetrate that amount of carnage & mayhem & not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:44 pm 
Senior Eball Official

dolfyn wrote:
That's a good point, though; it'd be nice to have a girl or two in there who isn't just a girlfriend/wife/partner of one of the main characters. :nod:

Agreed! Maybe there will be. I don't know that "pals" specifically says "men", so you never know.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:01 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

Hooray glad I'm not alone in hoping that.
Yes, a girl one who is there in her own right as a person. :P

'Pals' is pretty vague. Not used v much here (except Scotland). So yeah could be anything. *cough* Hynes *cough* :D

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:10 am 
Hardcore UK Raver

Actually...it was childhood friends wasn't it? (can't remember the synopsis now)
That might make it bit more likely that some girls would have been in the group of friends.
Sure it'll be great whatever, but would be nice. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next