It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:59 am 
Too Orangey For Crows

Had to share this with y'all. Michael Cera and Jason Schwartzman crashing the weather report for Fox 5 in Atlanta...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/1 ... 77166.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:07 am 
TFU

That seriously made me laugh out loud :rofl:

And my crush on Jason Schwartzman only increases :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:54 am 
Peggster Mod

NCTibby wrote:
Had to share this with y'all. Michael Cera and Jason Schwartzman crashing the weather report for Fox 5 in Atlanta...

:lol2:
That was cute! Especially Michael pushing Jason into the bus instead of away from it! :mrgreen:

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
:D

Life just isn't like the movies is it? You know? We're constantly led to believe in resolution, in the re-establishment of the ideal status quo, & it's just not true. Happy endings are a myth designed to make us feel better about the fact that life is just a thankless struggle.
Well I won't argue that it was a no-holds-barred adrenaline-fuelled thrill-ride, but there's no way you could perpetrate that amount of carnage & mayhem & not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:09 am 
Too Orangey For Crows

Quote:
That was cute! Especially Michael pushing Jason into the bus instead of away from it!

I know! He seemed really concerned about it, too. I also loved the "Myrtle Beach...People Partying..." comment. Someone's been to South Carolina.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:47 pm 
TFU

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

I haven't ordered from Entertainment Earth for a while, but I still get emails from them about new items. Received one today regarding Scott Pilgrim Plushies:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:20 am 
TFU

They are so cute!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:35 pm 
TFU

^ And today it lists them as "In Stock" - I think yesterday just had them for pre-order.

BTW, does one need to be familiar with the SP comics to follow the film? (I may have asked this before the film came out, but since some of you all have now seen the film, I thought I'd ask again.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:29 am 
TFU

No I think it's designed so that people who don't know the comics will still "get it"

It is very fast moving though and sometimes hard to keep up with what's happening - so having read the comics made that a bit easier. But I think multiple viewings of the film would probably be just as effective for that :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:48 am 
Senior Eball Official

I got volumes 2, 3 and 4 for £6 yesterday (plus a £10 book voucher I thought I was never going to use). Very pleased. Now I just need volume 5 and I have them all...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:42 am 
Peggster Mod

ClockWatcher wrote:
BTW, does one need to be familiar with the SP comics to follow the film? (I may have asked this before the film came out, but since some of you all have now seen the film, I thought I'd ask again.)

As Sarah said, the film is made in such a way that it's easy to follow for people who haven't read the books. But, having said that, I highly recommend getting hold of the books & reading them because they're awesome. 8) :thumbs:

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
:D

Life just isn't like the movies is it? You know? We're constantly led to believe in resolution, in the re-establishment of the ideal status quo, & it's just not true. Happy endings are a myth designed to make us feel better about the fact that life is just a thankless struggle.
Well I won't argue that it was a no-holds-barred adrenaline-fuelled thrill-ride, but there's no way you could perpetrate that amount of carnage & mayhem & not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:40 pm 
Peggster Mod

Julie and I are headed to the Arclight in a few hours to see it. FINALLY. Have felt so left out since we missed all of the SDCC previews!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:47 am 
TFU

Yay! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:05 pm 
TFU

SarahAC wrote:
No I think it's designed so that people who don't know the comics will still "get it"

It is very fast moving though and sometimes hard to keep up with what's happening - so having read the comics made that a bit easier. But I think multiple viewings of the film would probably be just as effective for that :mrgreen:
dolfyn wrote:
As Sarah said, the film is made in such a way that it's easy to follow for people who haven't read the books. But, having said that, I highly recommend getting hold of the books & reading them because they're awesome. 8) :thumbs:
Thanks, ladies. BTW, I was looking at my public library's catalog, and it's a little confusing how they've cataloged this series (there are several separate listings for Vol. 2 alone). Is Vol. 1 titled "Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life"? (Judging by this thread's title, I'm assuming this is correct.) All copies are checked out right now, and there's a waiting list, so I'll try later.

I was checking to see if the estimates for this weekend's box office were up, and was very sorry to see this. :( :( :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:49 am 
Frost Admin

ClockWatcher wrote:
I was checking to see if the estimates for this weekend's box office were up, and was very sorry to see this. :( :( :(

Thats so shitty! But now that you mention it, I remember being really surprised at how many people weren't at the theater when I went. We got there really early to buy our tickets to be safe, and not even half the theater got filled, and people were coming in late and everything. Though, my friends and I got everyone to join in a round of applause when the film started and when it finished :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 pm 
TFU

Shame about the low box office results. Hopefully it wont be a big deal in the scheme of things.

Julia the titles of the books are:

1. Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
2. Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
3. Scott Pilgrim and the Infinite Sadness
4. Scott Pilgrim Gets it Together
5. Scott Pilgrim Vs The Universe
6. Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next