It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 pm 
Peggster Admin

Dame Diana Rigg and Daughter Rachael Stirling Set for ‘Doctor Who’

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2 ... octor-who/

Daisy: Ah, that’d be terrible.
Tim: I know, I’d look like a twat in a jumpsuit.
Daisy: Don’t say that, Tim. That’s a word that hates women.
Tim: What, twat?
Daisy: No, jumpsuit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:01 pm 
Peggster Admin

Well - I finally finished Season 6 (minus the Christmas special). Loved it. Will we see more of River Song in the next season? I hope so.:)

I did love when Amy realized she was the Doctor's mother-in-law. XD.

The Doctor's re-visit with Craig and Stormageddon was priceless :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:54 am 
TFU

xfsista wrote:
The whole Ten/Five/Doctor's Daughter becoming a real life scenario always makes me think of this:

Love this!

I also like the one with the doctors and companions wearing each other's clothes. Especially because it highlights how silly Amy's outfit is. It makes me feel like a grumpy old Nanna when I watch those episodes because I'm always thinking "how ridiculous and impractical for Amy to be running around all over the universe in such a tiny, stupid skirt!"

Get off my lawn! :lol2:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm 
Peggster Admin

SarahAC wrote:
I also like the one with the doctors and companions wearing each other's clothes. Especially because it highlights how silly Amy's outfit is. It makes me feel like a grumpy old Nanna when I watch those episodes because I'm always thinking "how ridiculous and impractical for Amy to be running around all over the universe in such a tiny, stupid skirt!"

Get off my lawn! :lol2:

LOL . . Amy's skirt! It reminds me of this:

OK . . some more random Doctor Who news . .

From a SD ComicCon article . .http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/comic-con-prom ... -35699.htm

( Hope some of our Peggsters can make it to their panel - Matt, Karen, Arthur and Stephen will be there:)

Quote:
Ahead of the new season, BBC AMERICA will premiere new Doctor Who specials – The Science of Doctor Who, The Women of Doctor Who, The Timey-Wimey Stuff of Doctor Who, and The Destinations of Doctor Who – as part of the Supernatural Saturday programming block starting Saturday, August 4, 9:00pm ET/PT.

Remember that Magic wand remote control that all the Potterheads go crazy for? Well now you can get a sonic screwdriver remote control! IT's unveiling at SDCC!

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/BBC ... -20120711#

Quote:
The Wand Company - known for developing the World's first infrared remote control magic wand and BBC Worldwide today reveal a must-have accessory for Doctor Who fans - the Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control. Join BBC Worldwide in the North American unveiling of the remote control at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con, in BBC AMERICA booth #3629 starting preview night July 11 through the end of Comic Con.

A high quality metal replica of the Mark VII Sonic Screwdriver currently used by the Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, the new Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control is a gesture-based universal remote control that utilises infrared (IR) technology to manipulate almost all earth-based home entertainment systems - from TVs and iPod docks to DVD/Blu-ray players and beyond.

With a green flashing tip and an impressive four operational modes - including a practice mode - and three memory banks, a total of 39 commands can be stored in the Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control, giving the option of operating multiple home entertainment devices with just a different flick of the wrist.

Control is straightforward - even for humans. The Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control works through a series of 13 short gestures, such as rotating, flicking or tapping, while a guided set-up procedure uses spoken prompts to match gestures to commands learned from existing remote controls.

And, for those fans who wish to transport a little more of the Time Lord into their own homes, the FX operational mode features a range of authentic Doctor Who sound effects.

All unauthorized alien usage of this device can be avoided as the Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control comes with an inbuilt security setting - a three digit PIN set by the primary user - offering ultimate human control of the ultimate alien device.

I think I want both the wand and the sonic remotes! :rofl:

Photos of Season 7 :http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-set-photos-companion-scott-185453/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:02 pm 
Peggster Admin

Eeeee a new trailer for Season 7!

And some SD ComicCon 2012 lovelies . .

HD Full Doctor Who Q&A in Nerd HQ at Comic Con 2012 - Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvil

SDCC 2012 BBC America's Doctor Who FULL Panel Sunday July 15th

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:51 pm 
Peggster Admin

One more . . get your copy of Entertainment Weekly before the week is out!

This Week's Cover: Inside the Cult of 'Doctor Who' -- plus the 25 greatest cult TV shows from the past 25 years
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/07/25/docto ... -tv-shows/

Also . .

Doctor Who is playing the villain in 'Thor 2,' and that villain is...
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/02/chris ... -malekith/

Quote:
Christopher Eccleston already has infinite geek cred thanks to his shortlived-but-memorable role as The Doctor on the 2005 comeback season of Doctor Who. Since then, he’s popped up on television (he played an invisible man back when Heroes was good) and in movies (as the baddie in the unfortunate G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.) But now he’s bought a ticket on the Marvel Express, toot-tooot! As originally reported by Deadline, Eccleston is officially joining next year’s Asgardian sequel Thor: The Dark World. And as Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige hinted back in May, Eccleston will be playing a new villain drawn from Thor‘s comic book mythology: Malekith the Accursed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:29 pm 
Like A Little Flower

News for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary!!! http://www.indiewire.com/article/televi ... nniversary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:58 pm 
Peggster Admin

Gearing up for the premiere of Series7 . . which for us in the US will be this Saturday.

Have you caught the little mini-prequel they are doing online . ."Pond Life" :mrgreen:

The first 3 bits are up:

Two more bits to go - tomorrow and Friday :)

Also . . foundout there was a premiere this opast Saturday in NY of the 1st ep . . with Matt, Karen and a Q&A by Chris Hardwick afterward. friggin hell, which I had known, I would have gone down into the city to get tixs.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/ph ... ning/#4715

But the Q&A will air this wknd . . and the Doctor Who/Nerdist bowling game will also air this too.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2 ... y-bowling/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:47 pm 
Peggster Admin

Part Four: Pond Life

EDIT: And some giggles from Pinterest

Harry Potter and The Doctor

River Shot First

there are a ton more on my pinboard: http://pinterest.com/kimberly_s/geek-out-doctor-who/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:25 pm 
Peggster Admin

OK . . so this is a bit late - but I was so busy with the family reunion, I didn't get to get online . .

Sooo . . Pond Life 5

And here is the entire prequel all stitched together.

Annnnnd . . so what did you folks think of the 1st ep of Season 7? Anyone watch Asylum of the Daleks?

And here is a Behind the Scenes of that episode

My thoughts on the first episode:

Spoiler:
I have to say I did like it. Though this might sound horrible of me - I liiked seeing that Amy and Rory 's life wasn't all roses when not in the TARDIS . . though, of course I do adore them as a couple and was rooting for them to get back together.

Threw me for a loop when Jenna turned up many episodes earlier than expected. I liked Oswin. Shame about her being turned into a Dalek. I wonder how Moffat is going to remedy this for the Christmas special when Jenna comes back as his new companion. Will she be a relative of Oswin's? Will The Doctor go back in time to prevent her from getting that job on the Alaska? Hmmmm . .

Though, part of me wonders how River will react when a beautiful, brilliant new female companion is The Doctor's new companion after her parents are gone. Jealous perhaps? You saw how he was flirting a bit with Oswin and enjoying every minute of it. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:39 pm 
Peggster Admin

Also love the artwork/posters for the next few episodes . .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 am 
Peggster Admin

Yay! This year's Children In Need Christmas Special prequel . . . .

And the newest trailer for the Christmas Special . . .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 am 
Peggster Admin

OK . . come on people . . what did you think of the Christmas Special? And of Clara?

I have to say - I like her a lot. She is smart, just as much of a talker as The Doctor and seems to be keeping up with him ( at least her past 2 incarnations have) - I hope her "present day" version also is the same -but I hope it does not fall into another companion falling in love with The Doctor sort of situation. I want another best friend for him - a real smart one who will give him a run for his money.

And besides ( I do love the Eleven/River relationship anyway - I don't want anyone getting in between that!)

Thought I'd also share - one of my many craft projects that I am working on now is a TARDIS messenger bag as a thank you for the person who got me NY ComicCon passes last year.

It's a bit slow going, as I am hand embroidering the TARDIS Police Box sign . . bit here are a few pics of my work in progress.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 pm 
Hardcore UK Raver

^that looks so cool! heres a video I found . maybe some whivians like it too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37